We recently had the opportunity to sit down with Football Development Officer Steve Heath and Developmental Press Officer James Griffiths as they gave us the full details on the future of MTFC Cavendish Football Academy and MTFC’s Academy.
The Matlock Town FC – Academy is the educational and Football Academy affiliated with the Northern Premier League – Football Academy Programme.
To enable students aged 16 to 18 years take their first steps into a career in Sport.
This offers BTEC qualifications in Sport level 2 and 3 and equivalent to 3 A Levels.
It also offers Football Coaching bt UEFA qualified coaches to play in the NPL-FA league and FA Youth Cup. With all fixtures being played at NPL grounds.
Football Development Officer Steve Heath said “This is an excellent opportunity for Matlock Town FC to move forward to progress and develop local youth talent. It offers eduction and football development to enable students to take their first steps in a career in Sport and hopefully we can see some local players progress to the 1st team and beyond”
The initial information evening and first training session has been a great success with further dates to be arranged very soon.
Any one interested in the program must get in touch to activate your ambition and apply now at www.nplfa.co.uk
Or email: email@example.com
Regular updates on facebook page: Matlock Town FC – Academy
To Study, Train and Play this is for you..!!
The Matlock Town FC CFA team will have a name change for next season 2015-16
The side was initially set up to help the progression of players from youth to senior football to play in the adult Midlands Regional Alliance League.
It is affiliated with the Senior club as a third tier side for MTFC.
However for next season the team name will be : Matlock Town FC – CFSA. It will continue to be a development side but also embrace the community aspect of local football. It also links a partnership between MTFC and with the home ground facility and home of Matlock Town JFC at Cavendish Fields Sports Association (CFSA)
Cavendish Fields is vital to the long term development of Football in Matlock to offer grass pitches and a training venue for all levels of grass roots football. Now with official links the Cavendish Fields – CFSA will get much needed help and support as it looks to develop and improve its facilities in the community.
Developmental Press Officer James Griffiths had the following to say “The club is very proud to be part of the town and it’s great to be able to support the continuing growth of grass roots football in the area.”
It will also provide a training venue for the new Matlock Town FC – Academy.
Some quick bulletin points so you can learn more about the CFSA!
– The aims and objective are to provide the opportunity for youth players to progress into adult football.
– It is affiliated with MTFC.
– To act as a development side for players to progress towards the reserves.
– To keep MTFC players within the Club if they decide to maintain at the MRA level of football.
– Some players wish to remain at that level of football due to various reasons.
– To run the team as professionally as possible to create a structured environment.
– To play in the Midlands Regional Alliance League which is the step below the CMFL. But still a good standard to compete against some other good local sides.
– To link in with CFSA the home pitch and training facilities provider.
– To assist with development projects at the CFSA.
– The team is in its 2nd season and made a great progression towards a possible promotion.
– It has a strong management team of, Steve Heath, Nigel Evans, Bob Evans and Justin Tellus.
– The long term goal is to progress in the MRA league and perhaps even higher if the CFSA facilities would allow.
– Consideration is being given to the possibility of a reserves side for next season.
– The team has some great links with players, teams at home and abroad with some exciting projects and tours planned for the future: with MALTA being top of the list.
– We have links and want to develop official links with ST Georges FC and Mellieha SC in Malta and plan to have players exchanges in the very near future.
– Overall we want to represent MTFC in the community and provide the opportunity for a good level of Grass Roots Community football.