Rico's right good quiz! | Quiz Number 5 Answers! | 8.5.20
Welcome to Rico's right good quiz, the quiz where the Gladiators head pen Ian Richardson who doesn't need a pencil as he gets it right every time, chucks some Gladiators/Non-league football-based brain teasers to keep you entertained during this lockdown.
1. Which former Matlock player had an uncle who played as goalkeeper for Leeds United, Arsenal and England? James Lukic
2. This former player was with Matlock in 1986/87 before being loaned to Chesterfield and then transferred to York City. He would then move to Newcastle United, Peterborough United and Blackpool, as well as having a loan spell at Plymouth Argyle before returning to non league with Rushden & Diamonds in 1997. He made 347 Football League appearances scoring six goals. Who is he? Darren Bradshaw
3. Who scored a hat-trick for Matlock in the 2015 Derbyshire Senior Cup final? Jamie McDonagh
4. On which ground was Matlock’s relegation from the NPL Premier Division confirmed in May 1996? Holker Street, Barrow
5. Matlock’s highest finish in the NPL was in 1983/84 as runners up. Which club won the league that season? Barrow
6. Which club visited Causeway Lane to mark the official switch on of Matlock’s new floodlighting system in 1983, the game being abandoned in the second half due to frost? Wolverhampton Wanderers
7. Who was the last Football League club Matlock played in the FA Cup? Scunthorpe United
8. Which team was the first to score against Matlock from open play (i.e. not a penalty ) in the 2019/20 season.? Which current Matlock player was the scorer? Grantham Town & Chib Chilaka
9. Which former Matlock left back was with Sunderland, Middlesbrough and Sheffield United before joining Matlock in the 1986/87 season, later having a spell as caretaker manager? He had played 441 senior games and became a lorry driver.
10. Matlock’s most emphatic victory (5-0) of their debut season in the NPL, 1969/70, was at home to which club who now play in the Football League? Wigan Athletic