Rico's Right Good Quiz | Quiz Number Eight | 29.5.20
Welcome to Rico's right good quiz, the quiz where the Gladiators head pen Ian Richardson who doesn't need a pencil as he gets it right every time, chucks some Gladiators/Non-league football-based brain teasers to keep you entertained during this lockdown.
The answers will be revealed on Friday (5th June) and the quiz is just for bragging rights, good luck all!
1. Which Matlock player won the young player of the year award for the NPL Premier Division at the NPL’s Awards Evening in Barnsley for season 2016/17?
2. Which former Matlock goalkeeper made 50 first team appearances for Hull City between 2004 and 2011, 42 first team appearances for Bradford City between 2011 and 2013 and 85 first team appearances for Northampton Town between 2012 and 2015 and is now Academy goalkeeping coach at Sheffield United?
3. Who did Matlock beat in a two legged final to win the Derbyshire Senior Cup in 1991/92?
4. Which former Matlock player is the half brother of former Chesterfield, Preston, Southampton and Bolton forward Kevin Davies?
5. Which National League South club did former winger Niall McManus play for last season?
6. From which club did Matlock sign midfielder Mick Chambers in 1975/76?
7. Which former World Cup winner was manager of the Telford United side beaten by Matlock in the FA Cup 4th Qualifying Round in November 1976?
8. Matlock beat two Derbyshire sides away from home in the qualifying rounds on their way to the 1st Round Proper of the FA Cup in 1959/60. Name the clubs.
9. On which ground were the two Evans Halshaw Floodlit Cup finals involving Matlock in 1988/89 and 1990/91 played?
10. On which club’s ground did Matlock play an away fixture with Darlington during the 2015/16 season?