Rico's right good quiz! | Quiz Number One Answers | 7.4.20
Welcome to Rico's right good quiz, the quiz where the Gladiators head pen Ian Richardson who doesn't need a pencil as he gets it right every time, chucks some Gladiators/Non-league football-based brain teasers to keep you entertained during this lockdown.
Here are the answers Rico's first quiz, how many did you get right? Make sure to tell us in the comments. Rico's right good quiz Number Two will be along in the coming days so make sure to keep checking back in with us.
1. Who did Matlock visit on their first game in the Northern Premier League in 1969/70? Netherfield
2. Former Blackburn Rovers and England international winger Bryan Douglas played for which NPL club against the Gladiators at this time? Great Harwood
3. Who was Matlock Town’s manager when they joined the NPL? Ian Swift
4. Who finished as NPL champions on goal difference from Wigan Athletic in 1969/70? Macclesfield Town
5. Matlock’s record NPL defeat is against which club? Chorley
6. Matlock won the Midland League in which two seasons? 1961/62 and 1968/69
7. In which year were floodlights erected at Causeway Lane? 1970
8. Matlock’s record NPL victory is against which club? Lancaster City
9. How many Welsh sides have Matlock faced in NPL games? Four (Bangor City, Caernarfon Town, Rhyl, Colwyn Bay)
10. Matlock have played against one Scottish side in the NPL. Who? Gretna