Rico's Right Good Quiz | Quiz Number Seven Answers | 26.5.20
Welcome to Rico's right good quiz, the quiz where the Gladiators head pen Ian Richardson who doesn't need a pencil as he gets it right every time, chucks some Gladiators/Non-league football-based brain teasers to keep you entertained during this lockdown.
Here are the answers to quiz number seven!
1. Who did Matlock beat in the 4th Qualifying Round of the FA Cup in 1989/90 to earn a trip to Scunthorpe United in the next round? Enfield
2. Which former Matlock defender made 188 first team appearances for Crewe Alexandra between 1964 and 1970 before moving to Chesterfield and making 142 first team appearances until 1975 before joining Matlock? He sadly died in March 2012 aged 67. Keith Stott
3. Which club signed former Matlock manager Mark Atkins from Blackburn Rovers in September 1995 for £ 1 million? Wolverhampton Wanderers
4. Who, born in Birchover, finished his playing career at Matlock in 1960 having made 304 first team appearances as a full back while at Sheffield United, Blackpool and Oldham Athletic? Eddie Shimwell
5. Which team did Scarborough beat in the 1975 FA Trophy semi final before their defeat by Matlock in the final at Wembley? Bedford Town
6. Which former Matlock player and manager was previously at Mossley and then Burton Albion, making 294 appearances for the Brewers and scoring in an FA Cup 3rd Round tie against Leicester City in 1985? David Vaughan
7. Which player, who lived in Wirksworth, was formerly with Derby County and Gresley Rovers, played as both a central defender and attacker for the Gladiators at the turn of the century? Will Davies
8. In which year did the original social club (Gladiators Social Club)serve its first pint on the ground? 1976
9. With which current Championship side did current joint assistant manager Brian Wilson begin his playing career? Stoke City
10. Which two players did Matlock sign from Hyde United during 2019/20? Bailey Gooda & Dan Turner