Rico's right good quiz! | Quiz Number Six Answers! | 16.5.20
Welcome to Rico's right good quiz, the quiz where the Gladiators head pen Ian Richardson who doesn't need a pencil as he gets it right every time, chucks some Gladiators/Non-league football-based brain teasers to keep you entertained during this lockdown.
Here are the answers to quiz number six!
1. Matlock achieved a league double only once during the null and void 2019/20 season. Who was the opposition? Bamber Bridge
2. Which current Championship club knocked Matlock out of the 2012/13 FA Trophy competition with a last minute winner at Causeway Lane? Luton Town
3. Who did Matlock sign for a reported £2000 fee in October 1996 from Worksop Town? Kenny Clarke
4. Before this season when they visited Broadhurst Park, name the two grounds where Matlock have played FC United of Manchester away from home. Gigg Lane, Bury and Bower Fold, Stalybridge
5. Which club caused a major shock in knocking Matlock out of the FA Cup in the 2017/18 season? Haughmond
6. Former Liverpool and Eire striker John Aldridge played for which club against Matlock in the NPL in 1978/79? South Liverpool
7. Which Italian side did Matlock beat 2-0 in the non league Anglo-Italian tournament in April 1979 and beat Derby County 3-1 in the Anglo-Italian Cup Final at Wembley in March 1993? Cremonese
8. Which current NPL club, then in the Cheshire County League, knocked Matlock out of the FA Trophy in a 3rd Round second replay at Buxton in March 1970? Mossley
9. Matlock played Atherton Colleries for the first time in the NPL last season. What is the full name of the other club from Atherton Matlock played in the NPL in 1996/97? Atherton Laburnum Rovers
10. Which former Nottingham Forest and Sheffield United player joined Burton Albion after being at Matlock in the 2017/18 season? Kieran Wallace