Rico's right good quiz! | Quiz Number Three Answers! | 22.4.20
Welcome to Rico's right good quiz, the quiz where the Gladiators head pen Ian Richardson who doesn't need a pencil as he gets it right every time, chucks some Gladiators/Non-league football-based brain teasers to keep you entertained during this lockdown.
Here are the answers for quiz number three so make sure to let us know how many you got right!
1. How many goals did Bobby Mountain score in 1982/83 to become the then record goalscorer in a season for Matlock? 49
2. Who has made the most appearances for Matlock Town and how many games did he play? Mick Fenoughty (673)
3. Which member of Matlock’s winning FA Trophy team at Wembley was seriously injured in a motor accident a few months later? Brian Stuart
4. Which Matlock player and manager made 403 Football League appearances for Rotherham United, Sheffield United, Newcastle United, Doncaster Rovers and Chesterfield between 1955 and 1968 scoring 163 goals? Keith Kettleborough
5. Who did Matlock beat in a two legged final to win the Derbyshire Senior Cup for the first time? Glossop
6. Which Matlock player later became a Football League referee in the 1990’s? Steve Baines
7. Who managed Matlock for only a few weeks in 1985 before being appointed as FA regional coach in the north west? Mick Wadsworth
8. Which current Cardiff City defender had a spell on loan at Matlock from Alfreton Town in 2008/09? Aden Flint
9. When Matlock won the Midland League in 1968/69 it was on goal average from which side who had the same points total as Matlock? Sutton Town
10. Which current Matlock player made four first team appearances for Bournemouth in 2010/11 before being on trial at Burnley and then having two loan spells at Alfreton Town? He has since played for amongst others Shaw Lane and Gainsborough Trinity. Jon Stewart